Maintenance Specialist II
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Facility Maintenance Tech II
Description: Under the general direction of the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, provide support and coordination in the maintenance and optimization of all facility equipment and machinery to maximize smooth operation time and minimize disruption to building operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the facilities Maintenance Supervisor in the review of operational status of all facility equipment and systems to implement plans to minimize downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain the Maintenance Management System for tracking work, spare parts, and historical maintenance records for all facility equipment.
- Support programs and procedures to maintain the facility's appearance and operation.
- Maintain and repair facility maintenance shop equipment.
- Ensure that all facility equipment and machinery adhere to all policies as well as OSHA regulations.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively and efficiently use time to safely perform duties.
- Complete all paperwork in a required manner and timely fashion.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn to produce new products, use new procedures, and embrace and support change.
- Follow and support established programs.
- All other duties or tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Working knowledge of HVAC equipment, plumbing, and electricity.
- Ability to work in a partially controlled environment (temperature, dust, wind, etc)
- Working knowledge of computer software packages such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to use and understand basic math.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to wear the required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects on a daily basis in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team on a broad variety of projects.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
Requirements - Qualification Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- 4 years of experience in general facility mainteance.
- 2 years repair/mainteance experience with HVAC, plumbing, and electrical equipment systems.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Extended walking and/or standing.